[Padre-dev] Changing to a new versioning scheme post 0.70

Peter Lavender plaven at internode.on.net
Tue Sep 14 04:11:07 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 08:18 +0200, Sebastian Willing wrote:

I'm not sure that we're really concerned too much about cpan or other
systems so much as how to version the development cycle so that work can
be done on plugins and the like internal to Padre.

I think the current issue we have is that the version number gets set on
release, until then the internal version of Padre sits at the currently
released version, which trips up the Plugins, meaning that you can't set
a dependency on a version number > x ( where x would be / could be dev
cycle ( eg 0.71 meaning next stable release 0.72 would suit ) ).

Hence, the simple approach is to just go odd and even.  Meaning that
0.71 would be what we set the version to post full release.

Should we need to bug fix a version, I guess we could branch the stable
version, or just release the next version earlier with the next even
number.

Adam can correct me if I'm wrong.

Peter.