[Padre-dev] Format::Human::Bytes vs. Number::Format

Damyan Ivanov dmn at debian.org
Thu Apr 8 06:17:07 PDT 2010

-=| Sebastian Willing, Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 12:29:36PM +0200 |=-
> Hi,
>
> The F:H:B license was GPL (which has been ok for everybody until now).
>
> I just changed it to the perl license (the same which is being used in
> Padre) and it should show up on CPAN soon.

I didn't want to sound offensive, sorry.

GPL is fine, what wasn't fine is the way it was applied to the code.

Compare

    This program is released under the following license: gpl

    This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or
    modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as
    published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the
    License, or (at your option) any later version.

(taken from the GNU recommendation at
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html)

Padre's license is also clear

    This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
    modify it under the same terms as Perl 5 itself.

Thank you for taking this seriously.

Ah, I see 0.05 on CPAN. You are quick!

The license statement in the POD is allright. Now it is the README
that disagrees with it :) This is not a problem for the Debian package
since your intent is clear from this thread. Fixing it in a future
release would be nice though.

Thanks again!