[Padre-dev] Eclipse usage data collector

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 07:25:23 PDT 2009

Just so we have it somewhere in the archives.
I was using Eclipse in the last week or two and enabled their feedback system.
today I looked at the kind of data they show before sending it to their server.
It is a log with the following columns:

What - Kind - Description - Bundle Id - Version - When

The values of the What and Kind fields are thes:
What: executed, activated, deactivated, closed, stopped
Kind: bundle, editor, workbench, view, command

A sample row looks like this:

executed command org.eclipse.ui.edit.text.goto.lineStart
org.eclipse.ui.workbench.texteditor

A few other rows:

started, bundle, org.eclipse.ui.browser
started bundle, com.sun.jna
started, bundle, org.epic.perleditor
executed command org.eclipse.ui.edit.undo
activated, view, org.eclipse.ui.view.ResourceNavigator

Gabor