[Padre-dev] Fwd: [rt.cpan.org #48277] Algorithm::Diff should be listed as a dependency.

Mark Grimes mgrimes at cpan.org
Fri Jul 31 11:11:27 PDT 2009

Hmmm.... I'm not sure what's causing the failure. Algorithm::Diff is already
an eventual prereq of Test::Differences which is listed via build_requires
in the Makefile.PL:
PPIx::EditorTools build_requires:
   - Test::Differences requires:
      - Text::Diff requires:
         - Algorithm::Diff

This is hierarchy exists in all the version of all of these modules that I
could find on CPAN.

As far as I can remember (which is confirmed by a quick check with
Devel::Hide) there is no need for Algorithm::Diff except during the tests,
so it shouldn't need to be changed to a "requires".

I would be willing to add Algorithm::Diff as a direct requirement, but it
seems unnecessary unless there is something I am missing. I did see in the
irc log that someone else ran into this problem but there are no FAIL
reports from cpantesters.

Is there some env variable or Module::Install config flag that might cause
it not to install "build" requirements? Seems unlikely, but I'm a
Module::Build guy--M::I and MakeMaker have always seemed a bit quirky to me.

-Mark