[Padre-dev] Padre roadmap or features we most need?

Peter Lavender plaven at bigpond.net.au
Fri Aug 7 05:09:46 PDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 13:02 +0300, Gabor Szabo wrote:

> *) SVN/Git integration improvement

I thought I'd take a look at this, thinking that the SVN Plugin wasn't
even working.

So I searched CPAN and came across SVN::Class and have been fiddling
with that.

I then discovered the SVN stuff works anyway.  But I'm on linux now.

>     Run on Windows

Are you saying that the SVN plugin doesn't work on windows ( maybe
that's why I though it didn't work as I didn't have the svn executables
installed, only the tortiseSVN explorer shell ).

But as it turned out the SVN::Class module needs to have the svn
executables installed on the system, which means that the way the SVN
plugin currently works would be the same.

The reason is that SVN::Class uses IPC::Run to do what you're doing
calling system().

So the question is, what's the better way to go here?  Use something
like SVN::Class, or system() calls?

What I'd like to see is SVN have a toolbar  with the SVN operations in
it ( and like all good IDE's have a multitude of ways to do the same
thing ).

>     Integrate into directory browser

It would be neat.. gives you that instance visualisation of what's
changed.

Pete