[Padre-dev] Padre roadmap or features we most need?

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 03:02:27 PDT 2009

I have been trying to think if we can have a roadmap for Padre development
but could not think of anything yet. So instead I am trying to list the major
features I think are missing from Padre in some random order.

*) Integrating features from Ecliptic to core
*) Move F2 from Perl 6 to core, provide context sensitive help for
Perl 5 keywords, variables and constructs
*) CPAN GUI client - beginning are in the 'Perl 5 plugin'
*) SVN/Git integration improvement
    Run on Windows
    Integrate into directory browser
    Other improvements
*) Separate out the Wx::Perl::Dialog and Wx::Perl::Dialog::Simple
package (after making Alias happy)
   or mayb only Wx::Perl::Dialog::Simple ? so I can start using it in
simple examples for scripts.

*) Debugger integration (with the visual elements)

*) Packaging for Linux and Mac OSX (to make it easy to just download,
unzip and run it)

There are many small things too but these were the big items I could think of.
I'd be interested to see what else do you think are the important items?

regards
  Gabor