[Padre-dev] Once a month "major" release ?

Curtis Jewell lists.perl.padre-dev at csjewell.fastmail.us
Wed Aug 5 11:34:14 PDT 2009

A suggestion: What I do with my modules most of the time is "three digit
versioning", (1.251, forex).

A version where the third digit after the decimal point is a zero is a
"major version", and in Perl::Dist "long test" cases, has either been
used to do an actual build, or has had the long tests that do full
builds ran against them.

If I want dev versions, then I put an additional 3 digits in (1.252_001)

So, if we do weekly releases or so:

0.460 on August 28th
0.461 on September 4th
0.462 on September 11th