[Padre-dev] trip to Haifa and IRC backlog

Kaare Rasmussen kaare at jasonic.dk
Thu Nov 20 00:54:56 PST 2008

Hi

Both Notepad++ and UltraEdit are very mature projects. NotePad++ is 5 years
old and in release 5.1.1, UltraEdit is almost 15 years old, release 14.20.

Padre is < 6 months old and the version is 0.17.

Of course there is a difference, I'm just amazed how far Padre has come and
that it is already useful. Of course there are a lot of features you'd want
as a user. Let's see in another year, if Perl people can keep up the steam.

The thing about both Notepad++ and UltraEdit is that they're Windows only.
That's a showstopper right there for me.

And no, I don't want to run my development environment through some kind of
emulation layer.